Pages

Thursday 7 March 2013

World Book Day

So, today is World Book Day, and as I work in a school, I actually dressed up this year. For the first time in a veeerrrry long time. For quite a while, I was unsure what to dress up as; after all, there is an awful lot of choice! I also wanted the children I work with to stand a chance of guessing who I was (or at least understanding once I'd told them!).

Then, on Saturday, as I was knitting the whippet for my friend (as mentioned here), I thought about going dressed up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. That was that, decision made. I then set about making up a costume, seeing what items of clothing I could use, and what I'd need to make/buy.

Here's the finished costume, as worn today:

And here's a quick run-down of the constituent parts:
  • Owned skirt
  • Owned white top
  • Shop bought and modified shoes
  • Homemade pinafore apron
  • Homemade Toto
Over the next couple of days I intend to share the making of those parts I did make, but until then, I'll just leave you to enjoy my ever-so-beautiful (or not) costume and the rest of World Book Day. 
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment